Sunday, August 4, 2013

Review: Saving Wishes

Saving Wishes (The Wishes, #1)Saving Wishes by G.J. Walker-Smith
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

We meet Charli Blake and quickly learn that she doesn't always follow the rules and is sassy!

Charli has plans to leave Piper's Cove with her best friend as soon as they graduate high school. However, several obstacles begin to form, discoveries are made and secrets are revealed.

One of the biggest obstacles is the American French boy, Adam. For Charli and Adam, its a love-at-first-sight relationship. I can't really blame Charli though...Adam can be pretty swoony. Catch being is that Adam is only in Piper's Cove on holiday and will return to New York in a few months.

Charli's brother, Alex is another catch to her plans... he's taken care of her forever and she feels like she's holding him back...keeping him from living the life that he wants. Things are not always what they seem though...

Saving Wishes was at times predictable, but there were several curve balls thrown in along the way that I was not expecting. There is a lot of drama...some that I felt was unnecessary.

I didn't like where it ended...not an ugly cliffie really, but I felt like it ended without closure. I know there's book 2, but I like SOME form of an ending and I just didn't get that.

Overall, I liked Saving Wishes and I will definitely read book 2 because I need to know what happens...where everyone ends up!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment