Friday, August 23, 2013

Review: Ten Tiny Breaths by K.A. Tucker

Ten Tiny Breaths (Ten Tiny Breaths, #1)Ten Tiny Breaths by K.A. Tucker
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I debated between 4 and 5 stars... then decided it’s definitely worth all 5.

Kacey Cleary's world was shattered 4 years ago due to a drunk driving accident. Lives were lost, hearts were crushed and brick walls were erected.

Kacey and Livie (Kacey's 15-year old sister) move to Miami from Michigan to start over...have a clean slate. They move into an apartment complex that has a Melrose Place vibe except there are "hibachis and shriveled weeds" with a couple of neighbors that easily become great additions to the story.

Storm and her 5 year old daughter live on one side; Storm is a drop dead gorgeous and quickly becomes really good friends with Kacey and Livie.

Trent is "Ohmigod"... blue eyes, dimples...HOT neighbor guy! And man, will his words make you swoon.

"You don't smile enough."
...
"I want to make you smile. For real. Always. We're going to go for dinners, and see movies, and walk on the beach. We'll go hang gliding, or bungee jumping, or whatever you want to do. Whatever makes you smile and laugh more. Let me make you smile."


or

"..."Forever's a long time." "Forever's not long enough when it's with you."

I love Kacey and Trent's banter; it really helps lighten up a story that's full of angst and sadness. Actually, Kacey has good banter with just about every character in the book; she's a pretty sarcastic girl... it’s one of her many ways of hiding.

There are several other characters that I immediately liked too; Nate, Ben and Dr. Stayner. Each for their own reasons, but all of these guys were monumental parts of Kacey's life.

There's a twist in the story that I predicted, but I kept talking myself out of it - I couldn't be right; I didn't want to be right. But I think the twist needed to happen and thankfully, even though I didn't want it to happen, it didn't ruin the story at all.

I went on an emotional roller coaster while reading Ten Tiny Breaths, but K.A. Tucker did such a fantastic job writing it and it really was an amazing book that I'm so glad I read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment