Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Review: Slammed by Colleen Hoover

Slammed (Slammed, #1)Slammed by Colleen Hoover
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Pretty much everything I want to say has already been said.

Layken moves to Michigan from Texas with her mom and brother after the sudden and unexpected death of her dad. She's bitter about the move and she doesn't hide her anger. But that all changes when she meets Will; hotty neighbor guy!! There's instant attraction between the two and on their first date Will takes Lake to a club where Slam poetry is performed.

Lake is excited about where her relationship is going with Will... until they discover something. Something that prohibits them from continuing their relationship. Will makes the decision that they can only be friends. This is a tough decision to follow considering they're still incredibly attracted to each other, Layken has began falling in love with Will, they're neighbors and their little brothers are best friends!!

Then Layken is hit with another life-changing event. After being angry and in denial about the situation, with the help of her friend Eddie (whom I absolutely adore) and Will, she's able to accept what life has handed her and makes the best of the crappy situation.

Poetry is a key factor in Slammed. Through the poetry I learned so much about each of the characters. I loved it!

I really enjoyed this book... but DUH! it was written by Colleen Hoover :D I'm anxious to read the next 2 books... which thankfully, I have waiting for me!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment