Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Review: Insurgent

Insurgent (Divergent, #2)Insurgent by Veronica Roth
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 stars and more!

I can't form the words right now, but GOOSEBUMPS... I have GOOSEBUMPS from that ending. Wow!!

Ok - so I've taken 24 hours to let Insurgent and all of its awesomeness sink in.

"Insurgent," he says. "Noun. A person who acts in opposition to the established authority, who is not necessarily regarded as belligerent."

Insurgent picks up right where Divergent left off; Tris, Tobias, Peter & Marcus on a train headed to Amity. (I think I want to live in Amity... they put a happy/giddy/peaceful serum in their bread!! Tris on this serum was one of my most favorite parts of the book! Too funny :D) From there the book is non-stop action, twists and turns, friendships (old and new), love and hate, death and learning/wanting to live.

Tris goes through some tough times; she's young and still learning about life, about herself and relationships. I found myself frustrated with her several times throughout the book, but overall, she continues to be a strong female MC.

Tobias continues to enchant me. His love for Tris is deep!

"We're all right, you know. You and me. Nothing else is all right. But we are."

"You die, I die too."

I really learned a lot about Tobias' character in this book; some different sides of him that we didn't get to see in Divergent - he is passionate; not just about Tris, but about everything! He's loyal, stubborn and just, amazing *sigh*. His strength and the power he carries really shines in Insurgent.

We get to revisit with many of the characters from Divergent, but there are several new ones that we meet in Insurgent.

The ending... just wow!! I'll say it again; it gave me GOOSEBUMPS!! Definitely leaves you needing/wanting more, but not in that way that it would ruin Insurgent. It was the perfect ending for book #2!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment