Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Review: Shatter Me

Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1)Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I was skeptical to read this because it seemed to have an X-Men vibe (I'm not a huge fan), but I am so glad I did because while there may be some similarities, it is so much more!

It took a little bit to adjust to the way the story is written, but once I got past the uniqueness of it; I LOVED IT!! It helped convey so much more than commas, non-repeating words ever could :D Tahereh Mafi's writing is beautiful, it's poetic and so amazing!

Juliette cannot touch anyone without hurting or worse, killing them. Because of her 'gift' even her own parents are scared of her - her classmates tease and throw stones at her. She is alone. At least she thinks she is. In the background; watching her, admiring is, protecting her is Adam. Unfortunately, Juliette doesn't realize this until years later - when she's spent 264 days in an insane asylum (that her parents willingly sent her to) and Adam (grown up, mature, handsome, swoony) reenters her life. From there we meet several new characters - most of which hold a special place in my heart - Kenji: BAHAHAH - Warner: ARGH! - James: precious and several others that are all amazing.

I'm probably one of the last people on the planet to have actually read this book, but if by chance you haven't, I strongly recommend it.

While this didn't end with a cliffhanger at all (THANK YOU!), I am anxious to begin reading the next book... which will be happening immediately!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment