Thursday, May 2, 2013

Review: The Sweet Gum Tree

The Sweet Gum TreeThe Sweet Gum Tree by Katherine Allred
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 stars and more!

Oh this book... the love I have for it. I've come to the realization that my words will never do it justice, but here goes...

Alix and Nick *sigh* Their story begins and ends with a tin of bee balm. Alix is 8, Nick is 10 when they become friends. They become protectors of each other. They become so much more...

The story reveals 25 years of what life brings to Alix and Nick; indivudally and together, and let me tell you, its not all rainbows and unicorns. Sure, there's love and laughter, but there's heartache and pain too.

Throughout this book I experienced every emotion possible; intense, all consuming emotions - it was a rollercoaster ride for sure, but in the best way imaginable. I laughed, I sobbed. I blushed, I gasped. I cried, I snorted. There was one time when I wanted to throw something from frustration. There were lots of WTF moments, but plenty swoony moments.

Such an amazing book. Katherine Allred wrote it beautifully. EVERYONE should read it!!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment